Saturday, September 2, 2023

Welcome to Iowa

We reached Iowa with seemingly little to note it,  other than a surprisingly low key sign indicating that we were now indeed in Iowa. 

A little bit later on, however, there was a welcome center. We turned off, and it proved to be quite a bit more than that,  however. In fact, it was more than either of us expected. 

It was an Amish general store, and it had a restaurant in it. We ate there, since it has been my experience that Amish food generally is good quality in every sense of the word.I was still a bit in the mood for local beef ever since talking to that woman in Nebraska. So  I ordered the hamburger. 

And you know what? It just very well may have been the best,  tastiest burger I've ever had. I'm not kidding! It was juicy and tasted far better than I had come to expect hamburgers to taste. It also felt healthier and less filled with chemicals, for that matter. 

Suddenly, I was very glad that we had come. 

We didn't get anything from the store. But we left and headed towards Des Moines feeling well fed and content to have eaten what felt like good quality food exactly where you could expect it. 

Below are some pictures. 

Enjoy!






















No comments:

Post a Comment