Tuesday, March 12, 2019

‘Scotty’ from Star Trek Fought in D-Day

Sometimes, you learn something about someone that really impresses you, and changes your whole perception of who they are.

I am not usually one to fixate on celebrity culture, and actually, find this tendency quite decadent and counterproductive. On myna levels, I feel that this celebrity fixation has caused a lot of the problems that the United States, and to a lesser extent, contemporary western civilization, is now facing, not least of which is the general decadence.

But that said, I recently found out about James Doohan, the guy who played "Scotty" on the legendary original Star Trek series of the 1950's.

Since I recently went with my son to see a World War II veteran, and liberator of a Nazi concentration camp, speak about his experiences, it seemed to me that this was an appropriate time to publish this particular blog entry about some real-life heroics from a famous figure. This is a side to one particular actor that many of us rarely get to see, and I will be the first to admit that I did not know all of this about Doohan.

Some impressive and interesting stuff!





‘Scotty’ from Star Trek Took Part in D-Day and was Shot 6 Times by Matthew Gaskill, Jan 5, 2019:


No comments:

Post a Comment