Tuesday, August 8, 2023

A Short Family Reunion in Liberty, NY



Yes, we had a bit of a family reunion yesterday, which also happened to be my mom's birthday. It happened in Liberty, New York, which is of course her old hometown. 

We met at the house, where she and her sister were raised, and where we even spent a year back when I was very young, during my kindergarten years. 

It was my mom and her sister, my aunt, who had not apparently seen one another in over ten years. There was also the woman who was my mom's friend from their kindergarten years, as they grew up together through the years in Liberty. Also, we had a neighbor, who I had not seen in something like forty or so years.

Of course, my son and I were there, which was a bit taxing, since it was a one day trip. But it was worth it. Besides, I managed to catch up on all of the rest that I needed today, which was nice. It made things work out well, overall.

First, we ate a meal at the house. Then, we had a light meal at the local Liberty Diner, across from what used to be Sullivan's. It was fun, and my son seemed to really appreciate this trip to Liberty more than his previous trips, as the town made more of an impression on him. 

Good times. Below are some of the pictures, although I seem to remember more. Maybe I'm wrong. Here are the pictures which I have, and if there are others, I will of course add them later. In any case, here are the ones available for now. Enjoy!









No comments:

Post a Comment