Monday, August 28, 2023

Visiting the Devil's Tower, Wyoming

It seems to be a running theme for this trip,  but the first time that I learned about the Devil's Tower was through stamps. My grandfather had the 1934 National Parks commemorative stamps collection,  and I can remember perusing through that and imagining that one day, hopefully, I might see these places. There were a number of them.

The Devil's Tower was one of them. 

My son and I missed the chance to visit it the last time we visited Wyoming, which also happened to be the first time we visited. 

This time,  it was a priority. 

What an amazing place and experience!

Looking up the the tower,I could not help but remember how it was supposed to be the center for aliens in that Stephen Spielberg movie some years ago. It was easy to imagine why he would have chosen this place. 

Below are some pictures from our visit. 

Enjoy!
























No comments:

Post a Comment