Sunday, August 27, 2023

Driving Through Rural Saskatchewan

After our visit to Regina, Saskatchewan,  we headed back towards the border. 

It was strange,  though.  Coming from the east,  Regina just kind of popped up,  all of a sudden. 

Leaving Regina was pretty much the same,  only in reverse this time. One moment, we were in a city. 

Then, suddenly, we were in the middle of farm fields and the countryside. I began to regret not having gotten gas while in Regina,  because I had expected something in the way of suburbs. But it was literally over an hour before we reached a gas station, and it was a weird one. Clearly rural,  with hoses connected to the actual gas tanks. I have obviously pumped gas at stations before, but I was not sure what to do here.  Fortunately, the guy helped me out,  and made it look easy. Made me feel a bit foolish. 

In any case, it was rural. Really rural and empty. 

So I took some pictures and thought that they would be worth sharing here. One of them was a monument from one of the First Nations of Canada. 

Enjoy!

















No comments:

Post a Comment