Saturday, August 19, 2023

Preparing For Our Summer 2023 Trip






Greetings from Detroit Airport! That is where I am presently writing this from. We arrived here late last night, at approximately 11:30, and then spent the night. Luckily, I did manage to get a few hours of sleep. 

Okay, so yes, my son and I are on vacation. Again, another trip.

I spent Friday mostly being nervous and getting ready for the upcoming trip. Even making reservations - or trying to, in one particular case - quite late in the game. As I write this, each night but one is taken care of, and I just couldn't do anything about that one night. 

In any case, I just wanted to make sure to say that much, since I will likely not be around much here. As per usual for these trips, the blog entries are likely to be not too wordy, and mostly filled with pictures, and possibly videos. Let's see what happens on that front.

So just in case I don't get much opportunity to do so later, while I have a bit of time, it seemed like a good idea to wish everybody the best for now for the next couple of weeks. We return on Saturday, September 2nd, and I would imagine that I will return to more normal blog entries at that point. Most likely, that will include both photos and thoughts on the recent trip.

Hopefully, all will run smoothly, and all of the typical nervousness on my end just before the start of the trip will be something that I can laugh at later on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment