Saturday, February 18, 2023

A Visit to Paris Baguette Near Hillsborough




Yesterday, my girlfriend was able to leave work quite early. It was unusual, because she usually does not come home before 4pm, at earliest. This time, she got home before 1pm.

So I asked her if she wanted to go out. After all, she had a good part of this day, and I was working from home tonight, which is not near as taxing as actually having to physically go to work somewhere. She hesitated, then mentioned a place that one of her coworkers had talked about with some praise. It was what she called a French restaurant, but then she took it back. She said that, in fact, it only really sold desserts.

Now, I had driven by this place - or rather, the mall it was located in - just a few weeks ago. There was a sign for the place: Paris Baguette. Ever since seeing it, I had wanted to go there, figuring it might be a treat which I could take my son to.

When she suggested it, I immediately agreed that it would be a great new place to try, finally. So we went.

And you know what? It was good. There are a few French bakeries which I know of in this area. One in West Nyack, another in Montclair, and one in Princeton. Perhaps one or two others which I am not quite remembering. This place was right up there with them.

It seemed like a good idea to take some pictures of the displays. All of the stuff looked really good, both my girlfriend and I agreed. And indeed, it was worth the wat. 

Definitely a place I hope to come back to soon again!










No comments:

Post a Comment