Sunday, February 19, 2023

Former President Jimmy Carter Now at Home & in Hospice Care

Image result for charbor chronicles jimmy carter

My son and I attended one of former President Jimmy Carter's book signings in New York City back in 2014. This was the picture of us at the event, before getting in and getting Carter's autograph. He remembers this, and I am still very glad that I took him to see this, almost nine years ago now!


Image result for charbor chronicles jimmy carter

A picture from what I believe was the last Carter book signing that I attended, and certainly one of the last signings that I can remember attending, at Yale University in December of 2014. 




Sad news to share today.

Former President Jimmy Carter has been in and out of the hospital in recent days and weeks following numerous health concerns.

However, Carter has decided to go home under hospice care to live out his remaining days. He is the oldest former President in history, having now reached the age of 98. 

My sincerest hopes for either a recovery or, failing that, a peaceful end. To me, Carter is nothing less than an American hero. 





Below is the link to the Carter book signing event that my son and I went to back in early spring of 2014:

President Jimmy Carter Book Signing, New York, NY - March 25, 2014: published Thursday, March 27, 2014:

https://charbor74.blogspot.com/2014/03/president-jimmy-carter-book-signing-new.html




Picture of Jimmy Carter at a book signing in Harvard that I attended back in 2014.




This is the one and only selfie I ever managed to take with Jimmy Carter in the picture. This was as close as I could get to him and get a picture. This was from another book signing event in Ringwood, New Jersey, during the summer of 2015. 
 
 
 
 

This is the closest, and possibly the best, picture that I took of President Carter when I took my son to this particular book signing, back in March of 2014. My son was young at the time, just 8 years old. Yet, he says that he does remember this, for which I am glad. Carter actually spoke to him a little bit, and my son actually responded a little. President Carter also urged me to take good care of him just before we left. This was one time that I felt warranted pulling my son out of school for the day. Priceless memories, and he has some signed books by a former president as a lasting souvenir.



No comments:

Post a Comment