Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Some Previously Unpublished Pictures From Our Trip to New Orleans - Late August, 2021





Yesterday, while trying to obtain a picture that I took during the trip to New Orleans which my son and I took in the summer of 2021, I ran into this post. of previously unpublished pictures of New Orleans. To be honest, I had forgotten about it, and was a bit surprised that this has apparently never been published yet.

So in order to remedy this, and in the spirit of the season of Mardi Gras, it seemed appropriate to go ahead and finally publish these pictures from that Louisiana trip from now nearly two years ago. 

Most of these particular pictures were taken in the Vieux Carré/French Quarter. In fact, as I perused through them, I believe that they were all taken on what was the final day of our visit to New Orleans. We took a guided tour that was supposed to blend history with "haunted history," but which actually leaned more heavily on prominent movies and television shows which portrayed haunted aspects of New Orleans. After that tour, my son and I dwelled a bit more by Jackson Square and near St. Louis Cathedral. We went up the stairs across the street to enjoy the iconic Riverbend of the Mississippi. Also, we stopped and ate at the Corner Oyster House right near Jackson Square. My son felt in need of a break from the excessive heat, because it was 107 degrees Fahrenheit/ 41.6 Celcius) with what sure felt like full humidity. Obviously, we ordered some nice, cold drinks. But while in New Orleans, we tried to eat meals that we cannot eat back home, and this one was no exception. We ordered Decatur Gator, since both of us wanted to try alligator (tastes just like chicken, believe it or not). And we had Gumbo and Jambalaya.

In any case, here are the pictures. Enjoy!
























































































































No comments:

Post a Comment