Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Anniversary of Me Taking My Son to Giants Super Bowl Celebration





Super Bowl XLVI - New York Giants 21, New England Patriots 17


It was on this day 11 years ago that I posted about taking my son to see the Super Bowl celebration at the MetLife Stadium, just two days after Big Blue won the big game against the Patriots, 21-17.

I had hoped that he would remember this. Unfortunately, he doesn't. He does remember some other significant occasions that I took him to, including to meet President Jimmy Carter at a booksigning, going to see the Pope give an address in front of Independence Hall in Philadelphia, and seeing the Super Bowl Media Day at the Prudential Center in Newark, all many years ago. Unfortunately, he did not remember seeing this celebration the last time that the Giants won it all.

However, I remember. Much like with my memories of the Paul McCartney concert in Quebec City, this was a major and enjoyable event that I have fond memories of, and also like the McCartney, it was free entry. Good memories!

Unfortunately, not only does he not remember, but I did not have a camera to take some pictures on that memorable day. Still, great memories, and it seemed worth sharing my gratitude today.



Here is the original post on Facebook, which I ran into earlier today on Facebook memories page from this date in 2012:

Brought my son to the stadium to see the Giant celebration! He was confused that we were not actually seeing a football game, but enjoyed the fireworks and confetti! Nice memory for me, having now enjoyed both being the child enjoying a Giants Super Bowl win, and now having a child and watching him enjoy it. Hope he will remember sharing this memory for a long time, and I definitely will!








http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/98529-super-bowl-field-database-sb-xlvi-texture-added-122215/page-9

No comments:

Post a Comment