Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Book Review: Here Comes the Sun: Radiant Quotes to Warm Your Heart and Brighten Your Day by Summersdale Publishers





This was a book which I saw at my workplace. You know, the kind of souvenir, coffee table book which is not an overly serious read. Just something that has quotes from very famous and accomplished people, and which is supposed to serve as inspiration.

So I kept passing it, and thought that I should take a closer look when the opportunity arose.

Then this weekend, I decided that it would finally to read it.

What initially caught my eyes with this one was the title, which of course is the same as one of my favorite Beatles song. The cover also looks like something which might have come out back in the sixties, so I thought that it might have something to do with the Beatles, or with that era.

However, it does not, even if the artwork consistently felt like something you might see back in the days of Woodstock and the Beatles. What this book consists of are quotes. They all are generally hopeful and meant to inspire people with positive thought.

And while I admittedly tend to be a bit dismissive and even skeptical about overly sunny, coffee table kinds of books like these, I rather enjoyed it. In fact, I found myself writing some of the quotes down, because there really were some good ones.

As you can probably tell, it is not a particularly lengthy book. In fact, it is extremely short. I read it within twenty minutes, so it should easily be a book you can read in one sitting.

Still, I recommend it, if you can find a copy. My guess is that it is not a book you would typically see in bookstores, but have to actively seek out. Maybe it is for sale at specialty shops. It feels like the kind of a book you might give to someone on a special occasion, such as graduation. Or possibly even if they are going through a hard time and need something uplifting. Again, though, it is not likely to be easy to find at a typical bookstore or library.

Yes, though, I recommend it overall.








No comments:

Post a Comment