Friday, July 12, 2024

Pictures of "George Washington Kneeling in Prayer" Statue by Donald De Lue in Paramus, New Jersey


Statue: "George Washington Kneeling in Prayer" by Donald De Lue in Paramus, New Jersey




Back in the nineties, I used to attend Bergen Community College in Paramus, New Jersey. And on the commute there, I always passed a stature of George Washington, kneeling at a cemetery. There's no way to know for sure how often I passed that statue, but it probably numbered in the hundreds over the years, including the many trips that I have taken to and through Paramus during those Bergen days, and since then, as well.

Yet I never stopped to take a closer look. Always meant to, but never did. 

Guess it was just one of those things, you know? We probably all have them. And that was one of mine.

Well, I recently was in the area, and decided that maybe the time had finally come to change that. So I went to Paramus and this time I did stop to take pictures of the statue. 

So below are the pictures which I took of the statue, and the front gate of the cemetery, which also was quite attractive. Just seemed worth sharing here.

Enjoy.
















No comments:

Post a Comment