Sunday, November 5, 2023

NFL 2023-24 Week 9 Preview - Game in Germany Kicks This Weekend Off

                    



🏈🏈🏈🏈




Some truly great match-ups this weekend! Two of the top teams in the AFC kick the weekend off in Frankfurt, Germany. Buffalo visits Cincy in a rematch of a playoff battle last season. Two of the NFC elites, and division rivals, meet when Dallas and Philly tangle. And a cross conference battle between Seattle and Baltimore also looks intriguing.

Let's take a look at the interesting midseason weekend to come in the NFL:



Frankfurt, Germany Game - Miami Dolphins versus Kansas City Chiefs - Oh, what an interesting game to begin a very intriguing weekend in the NFL. Two of the best teams in the AFC square off. The Chiefs want to bounce back from that shocking loss at Denver last weekend, while the Fins want to maintain sole possession of first in the AFC East. Both teams have more than adequate offenses. Very riveting game, and either team could emerge with the win. For now, I still have to go with the proven winner. After all, there is a reason KC has earned the recent titles. My pick: Kansas City


Washington at New England - Yet another tough game to pick in this one. Neither team is where they want to be. This would be an easier game to pick if it were in Washington. But the Pats can still be tough, especially at home (I think, anyway). This could go either way. My pick: New England


Minnesota at Atlanta - If Kirk Cousins was healhy, my pick would definitely be with the Vikings, who have won three in a row. However, they are in a tough and uncertain position as to who will help them most at the helm. That alone puts this game into serious question for them. I suspect that the team responds with a strong statement win, although I am not sure that they are a playoff team without Cousins. My pick: Minnesota


Chicago at New Orleans - The Saints are the better team, are at home, and are fighting for a whole lot more, so there should really be a sense of urgency to get the job done in this one. My pick: New Orleans


LA Rams at Green Bay - Tough game to pick. Frankly, either team could let their fans down. That's been the trend for both teams the past couple of seasons. But the Rams feel like the slightly better and more consistent team, despite this being kind of a tough road game for them. My pick: LA Rams


Arizona at Cleveland - The Browns need to bounce back from the loss to Seattle last weekend, just to remain relevant and in the thick of things in the tough AFC North. They should be able to earn a good win at home against the Cardinals today in this one. My pick: Cleveland


Tampa Bay at Houston - The Bucs are fighting to maintain relevance in the NFC South. Remember when they got off to that undefeated start? Only one win since. I expect the Texans to come out swinging and pull off one of their surprising wins. My pick: Houston


Seattle at Baltimore - What an interesting game! Two of the better teams in the league square off. But I suspect that the Ravens are perhaps the slightly better team, and they also enjoy the considerable home field advantage. My pick: Baltimore


Indianapolis at Carolina - The Colts need a win, because it feels like it's been a long time since they last earned one. The Panthers try to win a second one in a row, but my suspicion is that they fall just short here. My pick: Indianapolis


NY Giants at Las Vegas - Two teams that absolutely need to win to keep any serious flickers of playoff hopes alive. Interesting, and a difficult game to forecast. My pick: NY Giants


Dallas at Philadelphia - Huge game! The team with the best overall record, and one of the most complete and consistent all around teams hosts the Cowboys. Dallas is often lumped among the elites, but they still have not shown that they can actually beat solid teams. I don't think that they will win this one, either. My pick: Philly


SNF: Buffalo at Cincinnati - A rematch not only of a playoff battle last season, but of the game that was halted because of a true medical emergency on the field. Damar Hamlin returns to Cincinnati. A lot of interesting scenarios. As a team, have the Bills improved and/or made the adjustments necessary to actually match up more favorably against the Bengals this time around? I'd like to believe that they have, but I'm not sure. Still, the enticement of beating the Bengals in Cincy after the Bengals knocked the Bills out of the playoffs last January in Buffalo has to be something that inspires the Bills. But we shall see. This one should be a tight game....and very interesting! My pick: Buffalo


LA Chargers at NY Jets - Both of these teams have played better in recent weeks, which also makes this game quite intriguing. Still, I suspect that Gang Green finds a way to pull this one off at home. My pick: NY Jets

No comments:

Post a Comment