Thursday, November 2, 2023

The Dead Kennedys Released 'Bedtime for Democracy' on November 1st in 1986

 



Should have posted this a day ago. Better late than never.

The Dead Kennedys (DK) released their fourth studio album on November 1st of 1986. It may very well be my favorite album from the Dead Kennedys. To me, it always felt like the quintessential, distinctive Dead Kennedys album, showing their range of political activism and social commentary mixed with their distinctive brand of humor. 

In particular, the brainchild of most of the material by the Dead Kennedys always felt like it was Jello Biafra. Fittingly, this album was first released on Biafra's Alternative Tentacles label. It will always remind me of the days when I was listening to the DK back when I was still a kid and through my teens and young adulthood. I probably should give this album another listen soon, for that matter.




No comments:

Post a Comment