Monday, April 29, 2019

'Avengers: Endgame' Crushes Previous Records With $1.2 Billion Opening Weekend

Rarely do I ever pay attention to box office numbers, much less talk or write about them at any length.

Following this weekend, though, I am kind of forced to, because there was huge news on that front, and it did actually have an impact on me, personally.

You see, for months, my son has been talking about how 'Avengers: Endgame' was coming out soon. He talked about it so much, that I felt an obligation to try and get him to see it on the opening weekend.

However, this proved to be a very busy weekend for me, personally. I traveled hundreds of miles and back to help my parents more fully move into their new home, and had some other things, as well. Also, I wanted this to be a restful weekend, particularly on Sunday, as I am about to start a week working both of my jobs again (last week there was no school).  

But I found myself with an unexpected few hours off, and figured that maybe we could see the new Avengers movie.

At least that was what I thought, initially. But there were few tickets available to any of the showings, regardless of time. And so, eventually, I simply asked my son if he wanted to perhaps see the movie by himself, for me to buy him a ticket (close to the screen), drop him off with some money for snacks and a drink, and then pick him up well over three hours later, as this movie was supposed to be over three hours on it's own. Add the previews to that, and yes, it would be well over three hours. 

He decided that this was what he wanted, as he really, really wanted to see it on opening weekend.

It was the first time that he ever saw a movie in the theater by himself, and reminded me of my first time doing that, when my mom bought tickets to the new Transformers movie in either 1986 or 1987 (can't really remember what year it was anymore).

Clearly, this was a very hot movie, and will set a new bar for other blockbusters to try and reach!


'Avengers: Endgame' shatters records with $1.2 billion opening Frank Pallotta byline By Frank Pallotta, CNN Business  Updated 3:34 PM ET, Sun April 28, 2019:


No comments:

Post a Comment