Thursday, April 11, 2019

Fleetwood Mac Postpones Remaining Dates on 2019 Tour

Creative Commons License: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/2.0/



Out of respect for the seriousness of the tragedy in New Zealand, I held off publishing this particular blog entry about Fleetwood Mac, as well. This was supposed to get published originally right around the time of the New Zealand shootings, but it seemed more respectful to hold off.

Now, however, we receive word that Stevie Nicks has an illness, and that the remaining Fleetwood Mac dates have been cancelled or postponed. So, it seems a good time to write something about them again, because I wrote a review of the show that my son and I went to at the Prudential Center in Newark last month. But since publishing that review, I had written nothing about them, even though I had been listening to them quite a bit.

However, the Fleetwood Mac concert that I went to last month had really gotten me in the mood to listen to them more, and learn a bit more about them. Perhaps like most people, when I think of Fleetwood Mac, I think of the Rumours album, which was far and away the most successful one that the band enjoyed in their long and illustrious career. It has a strange cover, which always added to the lore and mystery, if you will, of this band, which I always viewed as a bit unusual to begin with.

So, I am writing this to effectively publish something that had been in my unpublished blog list for some time. Did not get the time to really work on something better and more meaningful  about the band, but I will. Really needed to get some space back, though. 


No comments:

Post a Comment