Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Going on Vacation - Late August 2022


Notre-Dame Basilica of Montréal





Yes, it is that time of the year again.

In recent years, particularly since maybe 2015, I have tried to take trips with my son during the summer, and they almost always seem to wind up happening in late August, in the weeks and even days (sometimes) just before he starts school again. 

There were points where I started to want to try and do these at another time of the year, perhaps in June or at some point in July. Or perhaps even during the spring break or, to a much lesser extent, the winter break. However, it always just seems that late August winds up being the most convenient time, both in terms of open availability of vacation time, as well as accommodating prices, at least compared to other times in summer. 

So, you probably will not hear from me quite as much as usual for the next week to week and a half, or so. And the posts that I do hope to publish are basically pre-made, so that they likely will not be new or current, but are things that I have already written and am trying to schedule to post over the next couple of weeks or so.

Enjoy and take care, and hope to see you on the other side!






Below are some scattered images of pictures taken during trips that my son and I have taken over the course of the years.

Enjoy!


























































 
 
 
Vienna, Austria
 
 







 
 
 
 
Bratislava, Slovakia
 







 
 
 
 
Brno and Prostejov,  Czech Republic 
 
 









No comments:

Post a Comment