Saturday, August 27, 2022

The British Museum - Part One

Our final day in London was pretty exhausting as well. 

However, our visit to the British Museum was fantastic.

If there is a problem with this place, it is a problem of just having too much to see. You really can't see everything in one visit. 

Yet, there were things that I definitely wanted to see,  and in some cases,  had dreamed of seeing for many years. 

Chief among them, though, is likely the most famous piece in the entire museum: the Rosetta Stone. 

That wound up being the very first thing that we actually went to see. It was one of the rare times when I requested a picture of me with it. I had learned about it as a teenager and wanted to pay the British Museum a visit in order to see it. 

Another thing that I had long wanted to see was the crystal skull. That, perhaps, because of the Indiana Jones movie, where an alien crystal skull was the main artifact being pursued. Both of those we saw quite early during our visit. 

Another thing was the Easter Island head. Those also have always rather fascinated me,  as well. 

So, I thought that it might be good to start with a few pictures from our visit relating to the things that I had really wanted to see, and then include more posts on other items in the museum as time goes on. 

Here are the first batch of pictures from our recent visit to the British Museum, one of the most impressive in the world. 































No comments:

Post a Comment