Sunday, October 23, 2022

NFL 2022-23 Week 7 Preview

    



🏈🏈🏈🏈





NY Giants at Jacksonville - The G-Men are hot right now. They are 5-1, and have won three straight games. The Jaguars feel like a winnable game. But admittedly, I keep expected Big Blue to slip at some point. Even when they don't, and I predict wrong, it feels like a bit of a win. It has been working quite a bit this season, so why change now? When I pick the Giants to lose, they usually win, at least this season. So hopefully, let's continue that. My pick: Jacksonville


Cleveland at Baltimore - The Browns, despite a very mediocre season thus far, are only one game behind the Ravens and Bengals for first place in the AFC North. If they win this one, they may find themselves at least tied for first place. That's a huge incentive, obviously. But the Ravens have the better overall team, and Lamar Jackson and company will be looking to earn what feels like a much needed win after giving it away to the G-Men last week. My pick: Baltimore 


Atlanta at Cincinnati  - Clearly the Falcons are not quite the pushovers that I had assumed they would be this season. In fact, they are tied with the Bucs for first place in the NFC South. However, the Bengals are better than their 3-3 record would suggest. I expect them to prove it here in this one, with a tight win that could come down to the final possession. My pick: Cincy


Tampa Bay at Carolina - The Bucs have been reeling in recent weeks. They do not look anywhere near as good as I had assumed they would. However, this is a team that could get better as the season wears on, and they are better than their .500 record would suggest. So I definitely expect them to win this one today. If not, perhaps the problems run far deeper than I thought. But expect them to get a big win, possibly a statement win, ended with an exclamation point. My pick: Tampa Bay


Indianapolis at Tennessee - Such a crucial, perhaps even decisive, divisional game this early in the season? These two teams already met once, with the Titans beating the Colts in Indy. They both appear to be playoff contenders, and predictably, the top two teams in this division. After today, they will not meet again in the regular season, which just seems weird. But my guess is that the Colts avenge the earlier loss and get some revenge with a huge road win at the Titans today. My pick: Indy


Green Bay at Washington - Until last weekend, I would easily have picked the Packers, almost in knee jerk reaction fashion. But after their two straight losses, and looking far more vulnerable than expected? Also, Washington looked impressive in their win in Chicago. So this could be tricky. Still think that the Pack are the better overall team, but it sure is not a given. But they will be my pick, at least for this week, as I assume that they will straighten things out and still qualify for the playoffs before all is said and done. The turnaround begins today. But it will not be easy against a tough Commanders team. My pick: Green Bay


Detroit at Dallas - The two traditional Thanksgiving teams take the field. Would love to give reasons why I think the Lions can and will win this one. But frankly, they just look terrible, while the 'Boys, following that loss in Philly, will likely be playing with an enhanced sense of urgency. Barring some unforeseen circumstances, the Cowboys should give their home fans a convincing win against Detroit today. My pick: Dallas


NY Jets at Denver - Two teams heading in opposite directions. Gang Green has been absolutely awesome so far this season, earning one unexpected win after another. Now, for the first time, they will be playing as likely favorites at Mile High. Yes, for once, the Jets are actually favored. And why not? They are hot, and the Broncos are not. Plus, Russell Wilson might not even play, which means that Brett Rypien might play instead. All of which feels like too much uncertainty for the home team. So I expect the Jets to take flight at Mile High. My pick: NY Jets


Houston at Las Vegas - The two AFC teams with the worst records meet here in this one. It will be a big win for whoever manages to win. But I still think that the Raiders are the better team. And with home field advantage, that they should be able to notch only their second win of the year so far here. My pick: Las Vegas


Kansas City at San Francisco - This is a rematch of the classic Super Bowl from a few seasons back. The Chiefs are coming off a disappointment, having lost to Buffalo last weekend. The 49ers also are not where they want to be, but they are getting healthier, which means that they should be getting better. That, with the additional acquisition of Christian McCaffrey, helps the 49ers get past KC in this one. My pick: San Francisco


Seattle at LA Chargers - An interesting match-up here. I had assumed that the Chargers were better than they have appeared thus far this season, while I also had expected Seattle to be worse, and even far worse, than they have been. That makes this a more difficult pick than I would have believed only a couple of weeks ago. Still, my pick is with the home team for this one. My pick: LA Chargers


Sunday Night Football: Pittsburgh at Miami - An interesting game here. The Steelers look better after last week's win. And the Fins, following a 3-0 start, have lost three in a row and are looking abysmal. At some point, they need to stop the bleeding, before it gets out of hand and they fall completely out of contention. Perhaps they will, but my feeling is not today. My pick: Pittsburgh


Monday Night Football: Chicago at New England - Belichick seems to have his team more or less moving in the right direction again. Meanwhile, the Bears are struggling once again. Maybe they finally allow Justin Fields to find his legs and run to put the Pats defense on their heels. But I doubt it. Belichick is notoriously prepared down to every last detail, and that should prove to be more than enough to get past Chicago here in this one. My pick: New England 

No comments:

Post a Comment