Monday, October 17, 2022

Ringo Starr Cancels Remaining North America Tour After Getting Covid Again

These two pictures were taken by me during the Ringo Starr and His All-Starr Band show in Atlantic City on September 24, 2022 


 


This picture was taken, and recently cropped, by me. Taken from the Ringo Starr and His All-Starr Band show in Worcester, Massachusetts, June 11, 2016







This picture was taken, and recently cropped, by me for the Ringo Starr In Conversation at Strands Bookstore - October 26, 2015





Wow! This was apparently a rather disastrous tour for Ringo Starr and His All-Starr Band!

I do not remember any tour by another musician having quite as much go wrong with it, particularly in terms of illnesses causing delays. It had been delayed earlier this summer after a couple of band members got Covid. Then, after having been already pushed back to the fall and bordering on the approaching winter, Ringo once again announced some delays and/or cancellations when he was diagnosed with Covid just a few weeks ago, just one week after my son and I had seen him in Atlantic City.

And now this. 

Ringo made the announcement via Twitter a few days ago, after stating that he had Covid again:

#RingoStarr @ringostarrmusic I’m sure you’ll be as surprised as I was I tested positive again for Covid the rest of the tour is off I send you peace and love Ringo. 😎✌️🌟❤️πŸŽΆπŸŽ΅πŸ’πŸ₯¦πŸŒˆ☮️

5:39 PM · Oct 13, 2022 ·Twitter for iPhone 2,014  Retweets 896  Quote Tweets 32.3K  Likes

https://twitter.com/ringostarrmusic/status/1580674579923554306?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1580674579923554306%7Ctwgr%5Ee2d92519f0a6e83c36d4c6e4bacf7ab99076e995%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.com%2Fnews%2Fentertainment-arts-63251925


As always, I think almost all of us wish him the best in health and happiness. He was part of a band that provided o much happiness to so many people the world over for a long, long time now. He always seems so happy and good-natured, and has continued his musical legacy for many decades now with his All-Starr Band, which I have had the privilege of seeing numerous times, dating back to my first Ringo Starr show back in 1997. 

Let's hope that he and his band will be back on the road and doing what they seem to love most - playing good music to the enjoyment of the large crowds in attendance - soon again!



Ringo Starr cancels North America tour with Covid Published October 13, 2022:

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-63251925

No comments:

Post a Comment